- Fits all 2017-2021 Can Am X3 Models EXCEPT 2021 X3 RR
- Launch control for your X3! This module allows a momentary switch to be engaged and allow for launch control to build boost at the starting line for drag racing, or other types of racing.... and just plain fun. The amount of boost you build at the line depends on your CVT clutch engagement, and RPM settings in the launch control module. The higher the engagement RPM, the more boost you can build. Please make sure you read over the description carefully before purchasing.
- Wicked acceleration!
- Must have AA tuning with updated tunes for the LCM to work correctly and not throw a misfire code.
- With only brake boosting the manifold pressure in the plenum is not very high and this can be damaging to clutches and belts. This 2 step launch control builds boost at the line giving you the competitive edge for acceleration.
- Launch RPM is programmed by us, but can also be changed via Windows computer and Dynojet C3 software by the end user.
- Developed with Dynojet with our own wiring, switch, programming, tune and tech support
To use this module you want our clutch kit, or any other clutch kit with a higher stall than factory. Read below on your options.
120hp, 154hp & 172hp base models with our S2 clutch kit will have a purple/blue primary spring which engage around 2000 RPM. If you want higher engagement with this kit, choose our purple/black primary spring for a 2300 RPM engagement, or the purple/yellow spring for 2500 RPM launch. Keep in mind, If using the purple/yellow spring your peak RPM will go up by roughly 200 RPM. The purple/black spring will not change peak RPM.
120hp, 154hp & 172hp base models with our S3 clutch kit(all 6 AA primary weights) will have a purple/blue primary spring which engage around 2000 RPM. If you want higher engagement with this kit, choose our purple/black primary spring for a 2300 RPM engagement, or the purple/yellow spring for 2500 RPM launch. Keep in mind, If using the purple/yellow spring your peak RPM will go up by roughly 200 RPM. The purple/black spring will not change peak RPM.
X3 RR 195hp models with our S2 or S3 clutch kit normally use our green primary spring with an engagement of 2000 RPM. If you'd like a higher RPM stall you can use the purple/blue primary spring for a 2300 RPM engagement, or the purple/black spring for 2500 RPM engagement, or the purple/yellow spring for 2700 RPM launch. Keep in mind, If using the purple/yellow spring your peak RPM will go up by roughly 200 RPM. The purple/blue spring nor the purple/black spring will change peak RPM.
Knowing what launch RPM to choose: Launch control should always be used with caution and setup properly for your clutch engagement. Clutch engagement can be tested by having the vehicle in high range, then slowly pressing the pedal down while looking at RPM. The RPM where the vehicle starts to move is your engagement RPM. Test on flat ground a few times to make sure you get consistent results. We are looking for launch control to be right at engagement RPM. It's best to check this before purchasing the LCM if possible. Once you receive the module, we suggest double checking your engagement RPM/launch RPM is correct by using launch control without holding the brake. The vehicle should just barely want to move if setup properly. If the vehicle is lurching and really trying to move, you need to get a higher stall spring, a fresh clutch spring, or lower launch RPM.
- To engage launch control fire the vehicle up and make sure the vehicle is at an idle (module will not engage launch mode if vehicle is at over 1500 RPM). Now press and hold the launch switch while giving the vehicle throttle. Go full throttle and the vehicle should hold at your desired launch RPM. Most will hold the brake at the same time to keep vehicle from creeping forward. When ready to accelerate, drop the brake and launch switch at the same time and the vehicle will..... well launch!
- Adjusting Launch RPM: For more information on this go to our tech section and read our post on using/adjusting your LCM. Basic rundown is download the Dynojet C3 software(from dynojet.com/downloads), plug in your LCM via the supplied USB, then go to “feature inputs and selections” then click “launch control” and you’ll see target RPM. Change this value as desired, click “send map” up top, and that’s it.
- AA custom tunes for your PV3 device are required to work with our custom tuned/wired LCM
Tune updates are REQUIRED for those that purchased their tunes from us before 11/1/2020. We had to update our tunes to desensitize misfire or the vehicle would go into limp mode. We will need to update tunes to the latest version. After you purchase we'll email asking for your PV_INFO file with instructions. If you are currently purchasing or did purchase our tunes/tuner after 11/1/2020 then you can select the "No, I don't need my tunes updated" option in the drop down.
- Part # : 117-9607005-2 for 2 seat
- Part # : 117-9607005-4 for 4 seat
- Easy plug and play installation. The LCM lugs into the coils and crank position sensor, then mount the box and wire the switch.