AA 2016-UP RZR XP 1000 S4 RECOIL CLUTCH KIT
- The absolute ultimate kit for your 2016+ RZR XP 1000! This clutch kit replaces your entire primary clutch, secondary clutch and all internals... completely new clutching with the AA high performance clutch kit. For 2016 and newer machines, they went to a BOSS secondary clutch which is cheap and wears out extremely fast, and causes issues. This clutch is the Team Tied version built specifically for the transmission shaft of the 2016+ models. This is the same style clutch that came on the 2014-15 XP 1000's and other various higher end models throughout the years. This clutch is a great design that works very well and lasts a long time. Switching to this clutch means less belt/clutch issues, better clutch consistency, and better performance. The primary clutch that comes with this kit has been tested by us as a very good replacement clutch very similar to the factory design with great longevity when combined with our other clutch components.
- Depending on many factors, we normally see factory secondary clutches start to fail between 1000-202100 miles which can also take our your primary clutch. Replacing both at the same time is the best option. See this article on how to tell if your clutches are worn and need to be replaced.
- Our S4 Recoil Clutch Kits pack a huge punch! No matter the terrain, they hit hard and just keep pulling for days. On the trail or at the race you'll notice wicked acceleration and instant clutch response when getting back into the throttle after hammering that corner. In the dunes you'll see the same benefits but also have much less bogging when climbing that big dune. The machine will hold RPM so you can get where you need to go, and get there faster! Going mudding? Our mud setup will help turn those tires through the thick and deep with much better RPM and wheel speed that's key to climbing out of that hole. We have a huge amount of CVT knowledge, a great passion for the sport, and spent many hours testing different setups in the real world. We know you'll be extremely pleased with the performance gain from our S4 clutch kits!
- Fits 2016-19 RZR 1000 XP Models 2 & 4 Seat
- Secondary clutch comes fully professionally set up, simply bolt on and go.
- The primary clutch will come set up and ready to bolt on if you list your tire size and type. Also let us know if you have made any gearing changes (different tranny gears or portals). If you run tires and paddles please list both and we'll set it up the best way possible to run both.
- Kits work great with both stock or modified machines
- A simply must-have when running larger tires or paddles
- Much faster acceleration
- Wicked throttle response and quicker downshifts
- More consistent clutch performance
- Engine braking in the secondary clutch can be removed for more free wheeling when off the throttle
- Less belt slap on the clutch cover which improves belt life and longevity
- Cooler running belt temps (especially when running larger tires or paddles!)
- The Recoil clutch weights are easily adjustable with simple magnets. They have a custom AA profile, the BEST coating on the market (nitrocarburizing) which has increased wear resistance, improved fatigue strength, and added surface lubricity. These clutch weights also offer great performance, and the ability to tune for many different applications or modification in the future, without the need to buy extra parts. The magnetic weights are the best option to properly place the mass where we need it on the weight for the best performance for your application.
- A great initial setup guideline is included which shows the best setups for dunes, mud, or all around trail riding. This also has brief instructions on installing your clutch kit and other important information.
We offer two kits: Standard Load & High Load. The Stock Load kit is meant for stock or near stock size tires (28-30") and is the one for most fast pace trail riders or racers. The High Load clutch kit is meant for those with larger tires (31-32"), mud tires, dune riders, and those with paddles 28" or larger. Mudding and duning are considered high load and must be clutched slightly different. The components for our mud and dune setups (high load) are the same, but you'll notice your setup guideline for the Recoil adjustable weights will be different between those two applications.
- Engine Braking Option: Choose between keeping engine braking like factory or removing it. Most faster pace trail riders/racer or dune riders will choose to remove it. Most slower pace riders like mud, crawling or very hilly terrain will keep the EBS in place.
- Special tools recommended for installation: primary clutch puller